Whether we like it or not Fall is just around the corner. Getting the children ready for school is on your to-do list for Fall but don’t forget to have your heating system serviced. Routine maintenance is essential to allow your heating system to perform at its peak efficiency. A clean and adjusted heating system will save you money on your energy bill ad prolong the system’s life. A well maintained system will experience fewer failures. At the time of the heating system “check-up” any potential problems can be repaired to avoid a heating failure when you need the heat. Having a routine checkup of your heating system will save you money in the long run. A properly operating furnace saves money on energy costs, the system will last longer and save you from unexpected repair bills. Here is a list of what to expect from a good service technician when they look over your system.
Here is a list of what to expect from a good service technician when they look over your system.
- Checked gas fired systems for CO
- Checked heat exchanger for cracks or other damage.
- Check burners-clean as needed.
- Check ignition operation.
- Check motors—oil if appropriate.
- Check venting.
- Check thermostat.
- Remove dust from units.
- Check flame sensor.
- Check blower wheel
- Check condition of filters.
- Check operation and cycling unit.
- Tighten all electrical connections.
- Measure voltage on motors.
- Check condensate drain.